GTT: Matt and I Talk Marriage

GTT: Matt and I Talk Marriage

GTT: Matt and I Talk Marriage

GTT: Financials Mistakes To Avoid

This week on the podcast, we’re chatting about my favorite topic: Marriage.  Listen, I love me some beauty and fashion, but what I get really passionate about is relationships.  It’s not surprising to hear me chat marriage, but what is surprising is I somehow conned Matt into joining in on the conversation.  He not only joined in, but opened up about our early years as husband and wife.

We decided that it would be fun to take a different topic route altogether just for a change on Hello Baby Podcast.  This week’s episode is dedicated to the lessons we’ve learned from marriage, especially during the first year.  It’s a fun look into our marriage and personalities.

You can listen to the episode here:

Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.  Is this a topic we should cover more often on the podcast?  Or is this a one and done type of situation?  We would love to hear from you!

PS- Please take a moment and SUBSCRIBE to our podcast on iTunes.  Your subscriptions, ratings and reviews are how we can get the word out about our show, so please share the love.

PSS- Here are a few posts I’ve written about marriage in case you’ve missed them:

Five Truths About Being Married to an Actor

Marriage Books My Friends Love

Three Things I’ve Learned from Three Years of Marriage

Four Lessons from Four Years of Marriage

Five Lessons from Five Years of Marriage

Shop The Post

The Details

Storets Shorts| Abercrombie Cami | Similar Heels | Baublebar Earrings |Photos by Kara Coleen |

1. Samantha
    October 25, 2018 / 12:33 PM

This was such a great episode. Thank you for sharing. On another note… where did you get your beautiful Roman shades in you’re living area? I saw them behind you on one of your Facebook live posts and I’d love something similar in my kitchen nook. Thanks!

• October 25, 2018 / 6:15 PM

Thanks, Samantha! In our family room we only have drapes, was it the shades in our bedroom maybe?

• Samantha
        October 26, 2018 / 9:24 AM

Oh, yes it may have been the bedroom. They were a white/cream color I believe. They were gorgeous!

• October 26, 2018 / 9:34 AM

The shades in our bedroom are from The Shade Store, they’re a light beige color. 🙂
          In the guest bedroom and over the kitchen sink, we have white shades and those are from JC Penney.
          This one is basically identical to our kitchen shade: https://rstyle.me/n/dasdhjy2tw
          This is the brand we have in our guest bedroom: https://rstyle.me/n/dasdjcy2tw

• Samantha
            October 26, 2018 / 12:18 PM

Thank you so much! You couldn’t be any sweeter. Hope y’all have a great weekend.

2. Mariah
    October 25, 2018 / 5:14 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed the most recent episode and would totally love for you two to do more marriage topics on the podcast!

3. Jessica
    October 26, 2018 / 7:07 AM

Definitely a topic you should cover more often on the podcast! Loved it so much!

• October 26, 2018 / 9:30 AM

Thanks, Jessica! So happy you enjoyed it!

4. Kayla
    October 26, 2018 / 10:54 AM

I would love to hear more marriage topics on the podcast! I truly believe it’s your lane and you do it so well. Appreciate your insights.

• October 26, 2018 / 8:32 PM

Thank you, Kayla! Love hearing that so much!

5. Marina
    October 26, 2018 / 11:58 AM

So I just spent this whole episode listening while cleaning my kitchen. It made it go by so fast! I loved this episode. I also love the topic of marriage. I’ve been married for almost 6 1/2 years and its definitely one of the most challenging things in life and most rewarding. Definitely break it down and talk about it more. It’s so important. Love you guys!

• October 31, 2018 / 2:45 PM

I’m so happy you enjoyed this episode!

6. Yoli
    October 26, 2018 / 2:21 PM

Love this episode! I hear you guys on my way to work.
    Marriage is tough but if you have faith anything can be worked out! I’ve been married 20 years!

• October 31, 2018 / 2:51 PM

Thanks, Yoli! So happy you liked it!

October 26, 2018 / 7:38 PM

So excited to listen to this episode! It’ll have to be after the 2nd though when I get new data, lol! This is one of my favorite blog topics (in answering your InstaStories). 😘😘😘

• October 31, 2018 / 2:51 PM

If you have wifi, you can listened directly from my blog. 🙂

• Brittany Blackburn
        October 31, 2018 / 7:31 PM

I don’t have wifi! 😞

8. Rina
    October 26, 2018 / 10:04 PM

LOVED this! Please do more marriage podcasts! 🙂

• October 31, 2018 / 2:52 PM

I’ll let Matt know your request (and mine too, lol!)

9. Emma Hutchison
    October 28, 2018 / 4:44 AM

I love all your blog posts about marriage! I think a lot of women, me included, love talking relationships and sharing experiences! Keep making more marriage content blogs/podcasts please! You make it so relatable and nearly married (5 months to go!) chicks like myself could use all the advice we could get!

• October 31, 2018 / 2:53 PM

Thank you, Emma! I’m so happy you enjoyed the episode!

10. Gina
    October 29, 2018 / 2:23 PM

I think it’s fine that you build him up. I built my love up so much and he would always say calm down. He was my king and I put him on a pedestal and there was nothing that was going to change my mind. I was so hopelessly in love with him and I would always singing Hopelessly Devoted to You to him and while he was embarrassed, he loved it. He would tell me that I love him too much but I received that in return. I will always talk about him with high regard. This was a fantastic podcast.

• October 31, 2018 / 2:54 PM