7 Thin and/or Fine Hair Hacks | Girl Talk Tuesday
You know me… I love attacking issues that others don’t really talk about. Today, that issue is thin and/or fine hair. If you read my birth control Girl Talk Tuesday post, then you’ll remember that I specifically talked about hair loss. I’ve always had fine hair, but a lot of it, as my hairdressers would always tell me. But after coming off birth control, my hair loss was a real problem. My hair is visibly thinner around my face. Every time I wash my hair, I lose handfuls of it. It can be not only frustrating but embarrassing.
In true Angela form, I’m not going to just sit here and take it. I’ve decided to try different hacks for hair loss and fine hair in general over the years, so I wanted to share a few of the hacks that have worked for me.
Hacks for Thin and/or Fine Hair:
- Include Biotin in your daily supplements. When I was in high school, my eyelashes fell out on one eye. Talk about cute senior photos… I was so mortified, but there was nothing I could do, except apply false lashes daily. After visiting the doctor, he determined that a stressful family situation was the culprit, and then suggested Biotin. I’ve been taking this beauty B vitamin ever since.
- Add volume with layers. If you have thin hair, volume can be hard to come by. Adding layers into your haircut can create the appearance of fuller hair.
Take the NIOXIN 30 Day Challenge. I’m currently taking the NIOXIN 30 Day Challenge and sharing the results on my YouTube Channel. I posted my first video showing the before of my hair and after 30 days of use I will be posting another video to show my results. If you’re not familiar with NIOXIN, watch my video to learn more! You can also get a prepaid reward, with a qualifying NIOXIN purchase, here: www.NIOXINRewards.com. Visit here to take the online consultation to find out which system is best for your hair needs.
Don’t apply too many hair products. The more products you use, the heavier your hair becomes. The heavier your hair is, the more limp and lifeless your hair will looks. Heavy hair will not equate voluminous looking hair. Be smart in choosing the right types of products for your hair.
- Don’t be afraid to tease. I’ve always been a teaser. I love backcombing to add a little oomph to my hairdo. In order to prevent damage to your hair, only backcomb in one direction and use a light hand.
- Invest in clip-in extensions. If you’re in a situation where you need a quick fix (like a wedding or special event) a couple tracks of hair extensions can make a huge difference. I don’t wear mine every day, but when I have a special event that I want my hair to look extra voluminous for, clip-in’s do the trick in a pinch.
- Keep your hair healthy. If your hair already looks a little limp, then dry, brittle ends aren’t going to help the situation. Keep up on your maintenance hair trims to keep your ends looking healthy.
What are some of your thin or fine hair hacks? Leave a comment below and let me know! Also, let me know if you’re taking the NIOXIN 30 Day Challenge with me!
Photography by Kara Coleen.
Thank you to NIOXIN for partnering with me to create this blog post.