“This morning, with her, having coffee.” -Johnny Cash, when asked for his description of paradise.
I love that quote. It’s probably one of my favorites. I probably love it for several reasons, but most of all because Matt and I have coffee together every single morning. It’s a simple thing, but it’s our thing. Every couple has their thing, and we just really enjoy a good cup of coffee together.
Today we celebrate three years of wedded bliss. I use the term, “wedded bliss” with true sincerity because it has been the best three years of my existence. We are a normal couple who has had their ups and downs, but our ups far outweigh our downs. We’ve put God first in our marriage since day one, which I believe is why we have such a happy marriage.
I love our anniversary because we talk about what we were doing at this time on our wedding day. Everyone says that they want to relive our wedding day, but ours was so good that our wedding guests still tell us they want to do it all over again. It was that good. Here are a few shots from the best day of my life.
Three Things I’ve Learned in Three Years of Marriage. – Angela
- Don’t drop hints, communicate clearly what you want/need. Men don’t do hints.
- Don’t speak out of anger, you’re not thinking clearly when you’re angry. Cool down, then talk things over.
- Marriage is 100/100, not 50/50. You have to give 100%, 100% of the time.
Three Things I’ve Learned in Three Years of Marriage. – Matt
- Procrastinate on buying gifts, then try your best to push said gift to the next holiday.
- Wait on all home projects and painting… She’ll change her mind in two weeks anyway.
- Practice the art of selective hearing. That way when you don’t want to do something, you can claim you didn’t hear her the first time.
Wedding photos taken by Iris and Light Photography.