This wee we celebrated Matt’s birthday and he had one special request: My mom’s ice cream cake. Matt has always been a fan of Dairy Queen ice cream cakes, and let’s be honest, what kid isn’t? But I kid you not, this ice cream cake is about a million times better. The best part? It’s so easy to make. AND there’s no baking involved. #WIN
After I posted Stories on Wednesday and shared that we were having my mom’s ice cream cake, I got a bunch of requests for the recipe. Your wish is my command.🧞♂️
Ice Cream Cake
- 1 package Oreos
- 1 stick Butter (melted)
- 1 carton Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 container Cool Whip
- 1 jar Caramel Topping
- 1 jar Hot Fudge Topping
- Smash Oreos. We add Oreos in ziploc bag then roll with rolling pin till smashed.
- Mix crumbs with butter.
- Spray 9x13 pan with oil.
- Spread crumbs in pan but don’t smash down. Put crust into freezer to chill and remove ice cream.
- Let ice cream soften (not melt) and cut into slices.
- Lay sliced ice cream on top of Oreo crust and spread to make an even layer. We only use Breyer’s vanilla (NOT French vanilla).
- Drizzle fudge and caramel toppings all over ice cream.
- Top with cool whip. Freeze then serve.