Alright, GGs. This one is for the men. As in your man. So copy this URL, paste it into your text message or email to him and then, press send! These are my ideas for how to get your man treating you right. What more could any woman want for Christmas?
Hey there, Mr. GG. I’m guessing you’re new around here? Perhaps your first time ever visiting a fashion or beauty blog. Are you feeling sorta uncomfortable reading from a blog called Hello Gorgeous? Well, don’t be.
Let’s talk about women for a minute, shall we? You men think that we women are complicated creatures. That we speak another language entirely. That’s not the case. We just have different communication styles. You tend to be pretty straightforward, right? You know what you want when you want it and that’s that. You don’t need to think about it. You definitely don’t need to talk about it. It just is what it is. I could talk about the differences in communication between men and women for days, but that’s not what we’re here to talk about. Let’s get back on topic…
Remember when you were first dating your girl? My guess is that you pursued her, right? You sent cute texts, looked your best for your dates, showed up with flowers… You wooed her. But then, you got comfortable with each other. Pursuit was no longer a necessity, you knew she was yours.
HINT: Pursuit will always be sexy.
Just because you get married doesn’t mean you stop dating, right. PLEASE tell me you’re still going out on dates! If not, stop what you’re doing right this second, call her and schedule a freaking date night!
Just as date nights are important to a marriage, pursuit is important to women. We want to feel like we still got it.
How do you continue to pursue your wife?
- Call her just to say you miss her.
- Text her, “I love you” for no reason at all.
- When you think a nice thought about her, say it! Compliments mean more from you than anyone else on this planet.
- Clean up the kitchen, take out the trash, do the laundry, or any other household chore that she dreads before she has a chance to get to it.
- Give her a shoulder massage without expecting it to lead to anything else.
- Pick up a new book that you know she’d enjoy, run her a bubble bath and give her an interruption evening.
- Pick up your own dirty clothes.
- Take care of bedtime with the kids and tell her to take the night off to go watch her favorite show.
- Bring home flowers for no special reason at all. Except that you love her.
- Kiss her passionately before you leave for work in the morning. Like, really passionately.
Pursuing a woman looks a whole lot like putting her needs ahead of your own. When a woman feels well loved, she’s much more likely to love well. To most women, there’s nothing sexier than her husband taking care of his kids or cleaning the kitchen. I know, I know… You think “sexy” and immediately see your wife in lingerie. You men are wired that way. Women are just different. We’d rather see you fold some clothes than do a striptease. #justsayin
So up the sex factor in your home this week with a selfless act of chivalry. Treat your wife like you just started dating all over again. Open all the doors for her. Bring home some flowers. Cook her dinner. Put in some effort. Do something out of the ordinary with no expectations then see how she reacts… I’m telling you, this will get you a whole lot further than rolling over at bedtime and saying, “Are we doing it tonight or what?”