My mom got the inspiration for this meal years ago from Cracker Barrel. They serve a hobo meal during the summer month’s called a “Campfire Meal.” My Mawmaw, mom and I loved it so much, mom went home and created her own version of this dish. It’s been a regular dish in our family ever since. This dish is easy to make and super healthy. A great meal for anyone on a diet, just cut out the potatoes and corn if you’re watching your carbs.
So many of y’all asked for an actual recipe on Instagram, that we decided to share it. It’s one of those dishes that we just throw stuff in and it turns out amazing, so it was hard for mom and I to sit down and come up with an actual recipe. So, here goes nothing:
One Pan Summer Grilled Chicken and Veggies Recipe
- 3 lbs chicken pieces tiny strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or sesame seed oil
- 1 tbs sesame seeds if using sesame seed oil
- 3-6 ears corn
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 3-6 red potatoes
- 1 head brocolli cut into pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into pieces
- 1 container mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper to taste
- 1 dash garlic to taste
- 1 onion chopped
- Add chicken pieces to a foil pan, toss with oil.
- Add chopped garlic and onion (or use garlic and onion powder if you prefer).
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle carrots around the chicken.
- Cover pan tightly with foil and place on grill.
- Cook over medium heat until chicken is at least half way cooked through.
- Add in all other veggies and mix well.
- Cover tightly with foil again and put pan back on the grill.
- Grill over medium heat until cooked through. Enjoy!