Our legs are fully on display in summer. Between shorts, dresses and mini skirts, there seems to be a reason every single day to keep your legs looking fly. I get asked frequently by my GGs how to achieve pretty stems, which is the inspiration behind today’s Girl Talk Tuesday. So, ladies… Let’s talk L E G S.
my favorite leg hacks
- Calf exercises. This isn’t a quick fix. But if you want Carrie Underwoods legs (have you seen those babies?!) then you gotta put in the work. Calf rises are quick and easy exercises that will help get that gorgeous shape to your calves.
- A great shave. Did you know that a lot of women prefer men’s razors over women’s razors because they claim to give a closer shave? If you compare a male versus female razor, the men’s has more blades tightly packed together, which is probably the reason they get that closer shave. A closer shave means slower grow-back time. Slower grow-back time means a longer amount of time before stubble starts. Hold my coffee while I run to the drugstore and pick us ALL up a men’s razor, mmmkay?
- Exfoliation. Okay, this is a whole blog post in and of itself. Exfoliation, in my opinion, is the most underrated beauty technique on earth. Removing dead skin will allow you to get a closer shave and leaves behind silky smooth gams.
- Shave again. No, but really. When I need my legs to bring their A-game, I shave, exfoliate, then shave again. These three steps in one shower session. I’m promising you, your legs will be smoother than you ever knew possible.
- Spackle them. Keep those puppies moisturized! Hydrated skin looks silky, smooth and shiny. My favorite body moisturizer is this one from L’Occitane. I want to take a bite, it smells so yummy (I don’t recommend doing that).
- Fake a tan. I have two products I swear by for stunning legs. First is what I like to call my “Pantyhose in a can”: Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs. I spray this makeup on my legs when I want to look like I actually have seen the sun and it does the trick every single time. If I want more of a radiant, glowy look, I reach for Vita Liberata Body Blur. Holy cow, talk about amazing. You know how the Victoria’s Secret models legs shine bright like a diamond as they prance down that runway every December? Body Blur is the closest my legs have ever looked to VS Angel status.
- Wear nude heels. If you caught my video about how to look good in photos, then you already know this hack. But it really does work! Nude heels trick the eye into believing that your legs appear longer than they really are. Next time you wear a dress, opt for nude heels and see if they make a difference. These nude heels are my favorite ever. They’re so comfortable and match literally everything in my closet. I love them so much, I’m now on my THIRD pair, lol. Check out this post, where I was wearing these heels back in 2015! I just saw that they’re on sale for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, so I’ll be ordering pair number four when I’m done writing this post.
Okay, you’re up. I want to hear from Y O U! What are your favorite leg hacks for summer? How do you get your gams lookin good fast? Let me know all your secrets in the comments. Spill the beans!