This year most of us will be spending Valentine’s Day at home. Whether you are spending the day of love with your spouse or your best gal in honor of Galentine’s Day, here are some fun ways to make the holiday feel special without that fancy dinner date out on the town.
- Chick-fil-A Valentine. Yup, you read that right. Chick-fil-A is selling heart shaped trays from now until February 13th that you can fill with: nuggets, chick’n minis, chocolate chunk cookies or brownies. How fun is that?! I’m 100% going to do with with nuggets just because I can!
- Plan a virtual date. Pick a theme and then do it up! Have a couple’s dinner date where you send all the ingredients needed to make a meal together. Then Facetime while you both prepare the meal. Choose a movie that you both watch together while on a call. Matt and I did this all the time while we were dating long distance. There are so many ways to get creative and still make it into an experience that you both genuinely enjoy.
- Galentine’s Day Parks & Rec Style. I’m a huge fan and will use any excuse to watch Ron Swanson in action. If you’re hosting a Galentine’s Day event, whether in person or virtual, this episode needs to be on the agenda.
- Get your nails ready. Every year for as long as I can remember, I’ve had a special manicure for Valentine’s Day. Currently, Kenny has one hand polished red and the other polished white. Not great at giving yourself a mani? No worries, give my favorite press-on nails a try. They last up to two weeks and cost only $12-$15 per box, which includes enough nails for two separate manicures. They have so many cute options currently available!
- Break out the games. Buy a new board game to play with your significant other. Something that you’re excited to play. A way to get each other to open up and learn new things about one another.