GTT: My October Bucket List

GTT: My October Bucket List

GTT: My October Bucket List

GTT: My October Bucket List GTT: My October Bucket List GTT: My October Bucket List GTT: My October Bucket List GTT: My October Bucket List GTT: My October Bucket List

I typically like to wrap up a month with a “What I Learned This Month” post.  Y’all, I’m just too excited about all things Fall to think about how hot September was here in LA.  Instead, let’s talk Fall bucket lists.  In this Instagram post, I asked what was on your bucket list this season.  As usual, you delivered some awesome inspiration.  Here are a few things I have planned…

Bake an apple pie.  From scratch.

This may not be anything special or exciting to you, but I come from a home that baked cakes, not pies.  I’ve never attempted to make homemade pie crust and I’ve been told how difficult it is to get it right.  So I’m excited to give it a go.  If you have an absolutely killer pie crust recipe, please share it below!

Decorate our home for Fall.

Last year, I love how our Thanksgiving tablescape turned out (see this blog post).  I’m very excited to get the house decorated and add new pieces this season.

Take MacKenlee to her first pumpkin patch.

Our theme for our Ohio baby shower was our little pumpkin.  This year we get to take our little pumpkin to the patch for the first time.  Cute photos to follow. 🙂

Get my use out of my crock pot.

I love my slow cooker.  It’s my favorite way to make dishes that are perfect for cozy nights in.  See some of my favorite recipes here.

Watch Hocus Pocus.

If you’re a bit of a chicken (like me) then you will love this list of not-so-scary Fall movies.

Make caramel apple cider.

This has been my favorite recipe for years.  Yes, it involves a crockpot (win, win!)

Roast S’mores.

I’m clearly a foodie.

Carve pumpkins.

We missed out on this annual festivity last year.  This being Kenny girl’s first Fall, we absolutely have to carve pumpkins this year!

GTT: My October Bucket List

Do tell…  What’s on your bucket list this Autumn season? Let me know in the comments below!

Shop The Post

The Details

Aerie Plush Dress | kensie Boots | Kendra Scott Earrings | Kara Coleen Photography |

1. Christa
    October 5, 2018 / 5:42 AM

I love fall so much! Great activities, great fashion, what’s not to love? This is a great list (and a great pair of booties). 😀

2. October 5, 2018 / 6:30 AM

I’m loving that sweater dress and your list–tackling pumpkin carving today with my boys!

• October 5, 2018 / 8:57 AM

SO fun! Can’t wait to carve pumpkins this year!

3. October 5, 2018 / 7:06 AM

This is a great list no matter how old your kids are even if they young adults! I’m excited to try your caramel apple cider. We are doing a Halloween Themed 5k to help raise funds for children with cancer. We also love to go to the orchard and get our apples and go for a hayride. Enjoy your first pumpkin patch!

• October 5, 2018 / 8:59 AM

That’s such a great idea! Love that you’ve found a fun way to raise awareness and funds!

4. Courtney Byers
    October 5, 2018 / 1:18 PM

You are gorgeous! I love your fall bucket list. SOO many things I’d love to do too, especially s’mores.

5. Jen
    October 5, 2018 / 2:06 PM

Aw I love this! Seeing everyone get into the fall spirit helps me transition into the season, especially since it’s been unusually warm in PA so far.

Last year, I ran a pumpkin maze 5K and it was so fun! It inspired me to do a themed 5K every fall- this year I’m running a Haunted House 5K at the end of October 🙂

Also will definitely be checking out your list of not-so-scary fall movies; “Rope” is my favorite Hitchcock film too!

6. October 5, 2018 / 6:31 PM

I love fall too! So many great activities! Watch my boys play football is at the top of the list, then decorate the house and carve pumpkins and make seeds, buy apples from an orchard and dip in caramel sauce, make chili and chex mix. Love our dress!! Super pretty!! Have fun!!

• October 6, 2018 / 9:12 AM

I forgot about puppy chow! That’s on of my Fall faves too!

October 6, 2018 / 6:27 AM

You look so cute! Love your dress & booties! One year, my friends and I roasted the pumpkin seeds after carving our pumpkins! They were really good!

• October 6, 2018 / 9:12 AM

We used to bake pumpkin seeds every year! Love it!

8. Sara Cole
    October 10, 2018 / 9:23 PM

Fall is my favorite season…I like to the that’s when the upstate NY girl comes out. Decorating our table for fall in our first house was the first thing I did. I can’t wait to make homemade applesauce! I’m a baker, it’s my stress thing to do, but I’ve never attempted pie crust. I’m excited to hear how yours turns out. I might even be inspired ;). Another favorite is changing over my candle melts to the warmer scents.

Curious, where did you get your booties? I didn’t see a link in the post.

Happy Fall!!!

Sara

• October 11, 2018 / 2:34 PM

The only decorating I’ve actually finished so far this season is my dining table centerpiece lol!
      My booties are from Costco believe it or not! I couldn’t find them online anywhere to buy unfortunately.

9. Britney Cloud
    October 15, 2018 / 5:28 AM

Hey Girl,
    Love your posts! I’m a junior in high school & found out about your site from some friends last week at our riverdale party. You’re like the cool aunt I wish I had! Would you ever do a post where some of us younger girls could write in & ask questions about boys/relationships we don’t want to ask our moms? I’ve heard later in life you’ll discuss EVERYTHING with your mom but I don’t want to do that now.

• October 15, 2018 / 10:49 AM

Hi Britney! Welcome to the Gorgeous Fam! So happy to have you!!
      I love that idea, maybe even a YouTube video??