Baby it’s cold outside.. Which is perfect soup weather! I threw this soup together tonight and man is it delicious! I’m the type of cook that doesn’t measure things out, I rather just throw in my ingredients and taste it to see if it’s right. My measurements below are my best guess so taste and see if the spices need adjusted.
– 2 tbsp. olive oil
– 1 package of Turkey Kielbasa diced
– 1 cup chopped carrots
– 1/2 tsp. garlic powder (heaping)
– 1/4 cup diced onion
– 5 cups chicken broth
– 1 cup water
– Fresh cracked pepper to taste
– 1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning (heaping)
– 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
– 2 cans of white beans (I used Great Northern) drained & rinsed
– 1 can of white beans drained, rinsed & pureed
– 5 oz. package of fresh baby spinach
– 3 potatoes diced
Place olive oil in pan and heat. Throw in diced kielbasa, carrots, garlic powder and onion. Saute until onions and kielbasa start to brown.
Once browned, move mixture into a soup pot. Once in pot, add chicken broth and water. Heat on high. Add all seasonings, beans, potatoes and spinach. Bring all to a boil. Once at a rolling boil, cover and turn heat to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes.