How to Make Grocery Store Roses Look like a Million Bucks
I love arranging flowers. It’s a skill I learned during quarantine that is a great way to quickly dress up a space, especially on a budget. Here’s how I turn a $7 bouquet of grocery store roses into an arrangement that looks like a million bucks.
what you need
TIP: For vases, I prefer low profile. If the vase is clear, you can’t use anything in the bottom for stability. If you have a non see-through vase, then I suggest adding a small wire cage or floral foam to create a base for your flowers. See below for great vase suggestions.
- Remove all dead petals.
- Remove all leafs below water level. Leaves under the water causes the water to smell bad and get moldy.
- Use the plant food that comes with your flowers.
- Cut your stems at an angle.
- Use clear floral tape to create a grid on the top of your vase. Use an additional piece of tape around the edge of the vase to secure all pieces in place.
- If opening flowers, gently bend back petals at base.
- Every couple of days, trim stems at a different angle and change water.
shop this post