Just A Little Nashville Home Update

At this point, it feels like my home will never be finished.  As we speak, an air conditioner is being installed in my studio.  PTL!

Later this week, our drapes and window shades are being installed, which will (hopefully) make a big difference in the way the house feels.

Since quarantine began, I have done 100% of my home decor shopping online.  For those of you who have been following along on our Nashville home journey, this will just be a little update on some areas and pieces of furniture we’ve recently added.

living room

Our living room was a massive project because of the fireplace.  If you missed the before and after, check out this blog post.

Since the fireplace post, a lot of our living room pieces have been delivered.  Here are some updates…

As you can see, we did a full on paint refresh.  All of the trimwork and most walls in our house have now been painted.  We went with lighter and brighter shades and let me just say, they made a world of difference.

In the living room, we’re having custom drapes made for the doors, but leaving the plantation shutters on the windows.

Since the above photo was taken, I’ve layered the area rug (which I love) with an ivory jute rug.  My seagrass coffee table is from Restoration Hardware, but I linked a couple of similar options below.

living room pieces

nashville home update

I’m thrilled that although the house isn’t finished, I’m finding cozy spaces in our home like the one pictured above.  I shared this Sunday morning cozy spot on my Instagram Stories yesterday.

nashville home update

My coffee table isn’t quite up to my standards yet…  But I thought I’d share what’s currently displayed on it anyways.  Like I said in this blog post fresh flowers are a must in my house.

As for the rest of the house…  Here are the projects we have not yet started:

• Kitchen countertop is being replaced.  We knew this when we bought the house, the island has three very large cracks in it and the seller took that into consideration in our negotiations.
  • Kitchen backsplash will be updated.  After living with the painted brick for some time, it’s just still not what Matt and I want.  We’ve started looking at other options.
  • Master bedroom fireplace.  We loved our fireplace in our master in LA and want to have one here too.
  • Guest house/studio expansion.  The biggest job on the books.

These are the largest projects, we still have a ton of smaller projects to complete.  But honestly, is a house ever really done?  Nah.

The playroom is starting to shape up.  Our rug should be arriving this week and the final touches will hopefully be completed in the next couple of weeks.  I can’t wait to share that space with you!

Kenny’s nursery only has a small amount of painting and a few shelves that need styled, then her room will be complete!  Her bathroom still requires work…

Our master bedroom is going to be the last room to be finished since we have such a large project ahead of us.

Our back patio is awaiting a couple of custom chairs and it will be pretty much complete!  The front porch, however, has not even been touched yet lol.

shop this post

1. Kelsie
    May 4, 2020 / 5:38 PM

I love all of the natural light you have in your living room. I really want a fireplace in our house too, it makes it seem so much homier. I love what you’re doing with the house. Can’t wait to see more updates.

2. Bethany
    May 4, 2020 / 6:20 PM

I LOVE all of the windows! Your house is beautiful

3. Marissa
    May 4, 2020 / 7:27 PM

can’t wait for the big house tour! love what you have done so far!!!

4. Rachelle Clary
    May 4, 2020 / 8:26 PM

So pretty! Want to come decorate my house? 😉

• May 5, 2020 / 8:45 AM

I take sooooooo long to make decisions, lol!

5. Nadya
    May 4, 2020 / 8:28 PM

What a gorgeous house. I love how bright it is. With the way it has been turning out so far, I’m sure the rest of the house will be amazing once it’s all said and done. Good luck with all the future projects!

6. Beth
    May 4, 2020 / 8:28 PM

I LOVE that coffee table, it’s so unique to see that material as a coffee table! And I’m dying to see the playroom update! 😁

7. Ursula
    May 4, 2020 / 9:39 PM

I am loving how open the house is. Opening the windows in the morning is just breathtaking. You are doing a fabulous job 👏🙌🙂🤗

• May 5, 2020 / 8:46 AM

Thank you, Ursula! I wish the kitchen had more natural light!

8. TRACY MELDRUM
    May 4, 2020 / 10:29 PM

Hey Angela! Love the updates. It really looks beautiful but most importantly homey! You have a lot of projects on your hands. That sounds a bit stressful, but it nice you are taking your time with it to keep the stress in check. (well, I hope it feels like it is not too stressful!)
    I have never renovated a home before. Picturing doing it with my husband, I can’t imagine how hard it must to compromise on such things. Do you both have strong opinions on what you want the house to look like? or is one of you pretty easy going? My husband is much more modern then me.. certain things (home reno wise) would be challenging for us to do together, I imagine!
    Lovely post 🙂

• May 5, 2020 / 8:48 AM

Thanks, Tracy! The good thing is (for the most part) Matt and I have the same taste. We sometimes butt heads, but eventually figure out how to compromise lol.

9. Leonie
    May 4, 2020 / 11:15 PM

I actually love the way you decorated your coffeetable 😍

10. Gemma
    May 5, 2020 / 5:37 AM

Eurgh, I love decorating SO much. I can’t wait until my husband and I can buy a home, instead of rent. There’s only so much you can do in a rental. Your house looks amazing and I’m taking lots of inspiration from your pictures!

11. Veronika Marčáková
    May 5, 2020 / 5:59 AM

I love the living room! So beautiful!

12. Rachel
    May 5, 2020 / 10:27 AM

Your house looks so nice! I love the colour scheme! Awesome! 😁

13. Steffi (stef)
    May 6, 2020 / 9:34 PM

Hey Angela – the house is looking amazing! I showed these pictures to my boyfriend and told him this what my goal is for us one day. You have an amazing home and I wish your family all the best. Thanks for sharing and hope to see more house inspo 🙂

• Angela Lanter
      May 8, 2020 / 9:14 AM

Thank you so so much!

14. Sara Cole
    May 6, 2020 / 10:17 PM

Your home has such a welcoming vibe, but honestly, that totally doesn’t shock me. You are such a welcoming person.

I can’t wait for the curtains to see the total living room. Honestly, I’m looking forward to continuing to see you vision come to life. What has been the most exciting transformation to date? What do you look forward to most?

• Angela Lanter
      May 8, 2020 / 9:14 AM

I really can’t wait to get the studio done! I’m so excited for it to be complete!

15. Kristi Campbell
    May 7, 2020 / 9:02 AM

Beautiful! Do you prefer the plantation shutters over curtains?

• Angela Lanter
      May 8, 2020 / 9:13 AM

Oh yes! I love the clean lines! We are going to do curtains too!

May 8, 2020 / 6:57 PM

I just love your home so much! And the sky is so blue!

17. Lauren
    May 9, 2020 / 4:09 AM

It looks like the house is coming along nicely day by day {the quarantine has helped with working on the house lol} it looks amazing!!! I am looking forward to more updates and some more walkthroughs

18. Tiffany Bailey
    May 11, 2020 / 8:13 PM

Your house is sooo beautiful! It’s definitely the kind of house I dream to have one day! I can’t wait to see the rest!