I love eyelash extensions. So much so that I had to figure out how to create my own DIY eyelash extensions.
Like really love them.
Buuuuuuuuuuut, I have crazy sensitive eyes that absolutely will not tolerate the glue.
Yes, I’ve tried different glues, different techs and I end up with insanely swollen eyes every time. #notworthit
Since I love the look of extensions so much, I wanted to find a way to recreate the look for two reasons:
- They’re dang expensive. Your average mama doesn’t have hundreds of dollars just lying around to spend on her lashes every month. No to mention, hiring a babysitter while you’re getting your lashes filled.
- They’re time consuming. A full set will have you laying there for a couple hours. Again, not many women, and especially mamas, have the luxury of that time alone.
I got to work to find the best combination to create the same effect as extensions without the high cost of money and time.
And I did it.🙌🏼
I found the winning trio of products to get those stellar lashes.
Lashes so amazing that people think I have extensions.
First product you need is lash serum.
I have personally never tried the most popular serum, Latisse. I was just too afraid of my eyeballs changing colors.
Hands down, this is my favorite serum.
If you’d like me to write a full post on my experience with the different serums and my various results, comment below and let me know.
There is no magic tonic that will give you the lashes of your dreams overnight. Lash growth serums do work, but it does take at least a couple weeks to see a difference.
Next, you need an amazing mascara.
with and without mascara
Pretty dramatic difference between my right eye and my left, right?
This was only one coat of mascara.
Why do I love this mascara so much? Let me count the ways…
- It’s easy to remove. You don’t have to rub your eyes to get all of your mascara off like you do with virtually every other mascara formula on the market. Thrive requires a little water and it comes off of your lashes in tubes.
- It plumps like crazy. Thrive adds so much volume to your lashes. They look thicker and fuller with only one coat.
- The wand separates. The thing I’m most picky about with mascara is typically the wand. When I opened my first tube of Thrive mascara, I had a whomp whomp moment. The wand was unimpressive. I chose to push through my disappointment and try it out anyways… Boy, am I glad that I did. This wand separates your lashes like a superstar.
- The formula lengthens unlike any other. My lashes have never, and I repeat, never, looked so long before.
After my lashes reached their new amazing lengths with serum and found perfection with my favorite mascara… I still needed a little oomph.
Enter my favorite false lashes of life.
Initially, I tried magnetic lashes and they were a bust.
Months later, I decided to give them another try and fell head over high heels in love. But, there’s a catch… There is only one pair that I’ve found that are of everyday wearability quality.
My beloved lashes are the Ardell Magnetic Accent Lashes in #001, which are accents only, not full lash bands.
The magnetic full lashes simply won’t do. They are too hard to get perfectly aligned when in a hurry.
The accents are only have the eye length, therefore much easier to get right fast.
The one major hack I’ve found to make application quick and easy: apply them when your lashes are still a tiny bit tacky. The tackiness of the mascara gives extra grip for the magnets to hook on to.
Watch my tutorial where I show my first-timer cousin how to apply these magnetic lashes here.
Looks like I have lash extensions, doesn’t it??
Here’s a quick tutorial how I create my DIY eyelash extensions…
La la love that I can get the look without the fuss! Will you try out my DIY eyelash extensions?
shop this post!