Yesterday, I posted this photo on my Instagram account and asked if I should blog the recipe.. So here it is!
This is the easiest and most delicious pot roast I’ve ever made. You can slow cook this for 8 hours or cook it on high for 4 hours depending on how much time you have.
– 2-3 lb. boneless roast (I prefer chuck roast or shoulder roast for the crockpot
– 1 heaping tbsp. of coconut oil
– Fresh cracked black pepper
– 2 cups of water
– 1 packet of Lipton’s Onion Soup/Dip Mix
– 1 packet of Au Jus Mix (brown gravy mix can be used instead)
– 1 packet of Italian Dressing Mix (I used Good Seasonings brand in Regular Italian)
– Baby carrots
– Two large potatoes peeled and diced
Heat coconut oil in frying pan until melted. Add roast and pepper to liking. Brown all sides of roast until lightly golden. Place Roast in crockpot (do not add excess oil.) Take approx. on tbsp. of oil leftover in pan and put in mixing bowl. Mix oil with water and all seasoning packets and whisk until well blended. Pour mixture over roast and arrange carrots around roast. Cover and cook on high in crockpot for 3 hours. Add potatoes around roast and stir to spread juices over veggies. Cook on high for an additional 60-90 minutes. If slow cooking for 8 hours, I’d recommend adding the potatoes in the last 2-3 hours of cooking.