DIY Jewelry Cleaner + Jewelry Collection Organize with Me

Clean jewelry is a showstopper.  When the light hits a piece of jewelry just right, you see sparkles all over the room.

I’m a clean freak.  I know, I know…  Shocker.  Tell us something we don’t already know, Ang.  I LOVE clean jewelry.  I’m sharing my hack for cleaning jewelry that will leave your jewels sparkling like they were just picked up from the jewelers.  The best part is that it only requires three ingredients that you almost definitely already own.

Head’s up, I’ve only used this recipe on platinum and gold jewelry pieces.  I’ve never tested it on costume jewelry or silver, so I would recommend spot testing before using on costume or silver pieces as I don’t know how they will turn out.

DIY Jewelry Cleaner + Jewelry Collection Organize with Me

I mean, look at that ring SHINE!

DIY Jewelry Cleaner + Jewelry Collection Organize with Me

Let’s chat about my wedding rings.  One of my most often asked questions is the details about my engagement ring and wedding band.  Here’s what I know:

• The main stone is a radiant cut diamond.
  • My wedding band is larger stones than the band on the engagement ring.
  • My wedding band and engagement ring are both eternity rings, which means that the diamonds continue all the way around the ring.  This was something I wanted so you could see bling as I waved goodbye LOLOLOL.
  • My engagement ring and wedding band are both platinum
  • We had both my engagement ring and wedding band reset because the settings were very metal heavy.  By resetting the stones and removing some of the metal band, we had to add and additional diamond into the band.
  • My newest band is a 5 year anniversary ring and push present combined.
  • My anniversary band is a yellow gold eternity band with halo diamond settings.

I hope that this answers all of your questions about my ring stack!  If not, ask a question below and I can always ask my jeweler for any specific details you may want.

While we’re on the topic of jewelry, why not also do a full on jewelry box clean out?  In today’s video I’m cleaning out my jewelry box with y’all.  I’m also showing you how I organize my collection and my rule for what to keep and what to toss.

Be sure to visit this video and enter to win one of three Gorjana necklaces I’m giving away!

shop this post

jewelry storage options

1. Danielle
    April 23, 2020 / 6:23 AM

I just wanted to say I am not a big jewelry person but I enjoyed that video so much. I did not know about the DIY jewelry cleaner, I had heard peroxide only so I canโ€™t wait to try it! And I just love your personality. One of my best friends is a big jewelry person and she lives in another state, it made me think of her. I canโ€™t wait to tell her about that amazing piece you keep your jewelry in!

• April 23, 2020 / 8:59 AM

I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed the video! Peroxide is great, but the dish soap combo makes them truly SHINE!

2. Sarah de Jongh
    April 23, 2020 / 9:45 AM

I recently ran out of my cleaner from my jeweler and have been needing to buy some more. So, perfect timing to see your video-I have my rings soaking now! Thanks!!

3. Brooke
    April 23, 2020 / 12:28 PM

Great video! Do some of the deeper drawers make it harder to find some of the necklaces since they are stacked on top of each other? I am also needing a jewelry organizer but I don’t have space for this nice big white one ๐Ÿ™

• April 24, 2020 / 9:17 AM

I only stack the larger statement necklaces in there because they are too bulky to hang in the sides.
      I added a bunch of different jewelry box and storage options in the post for you to check out!!

4. Kori
    April 23, 2020 / 6:53 PM

I think a closet clean out would be fun! I love all things organization so anything would be great! Loved the pantry video! ๐Ÿ™‚

• April 24, 2020 / 9:20 AM

I have a closet clean out video coming tomorrow at 3pm!

5. Me
    April 23, 2020 / 7:47 PM

Going to try tomorrow….as Im in the house BORED!

April 25, 2020 / 7:03 PM

Iโ€™ll try this hack with my jewelry!

7. Allie
    April 28, 2020 / 12:03 AM

OMG!!! I cannot believe how well this worked!!! Thank you for sharing! I also cannot believe the gunk that came out and was left in the dish. Wow. My rings are so sparkly.

One question – how often do you clean them like this?

• April 28, 2020 / 2:25 PM

I would love to do it weekly, but honestly I forget!

8. Andi
    May 25, 2020 / 7:52 PM

Hi Angela! Great post. I have a rainbow moonstone ring with diamonds on it as well and its rose gold. Would this work for my ring? Thanks! Xoxo

• May 26, 2020 / 8:46 AM

I would only use this recipe on real gold or platinum, that’s all I’ve tested it on. ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Jenny
    May 26, 2020 / 7:15 AM

This is a great tip! Love your rings โ€” I have a rectangular radiant cut too and always get compliments because itโ€™s unique!

Do you have a makeup/skincare storage video or post? Or any countertop and/or cabinet products you recommend?

10. Lindsey Clayton
    May 26, 2020 / 7:57 AM

This is super helpful and your rings are gorgeous!

• May 26, 2020 / 8:49 AM

Thank you! Just a head’s up, I wouldn’t use this on any costume jewelry. ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Chelsea
    May 26, 2020 / 9:32 AM

So excited to try this, have my necklace In the cleaner as I type this ๐Ÿ˜Š

12. Rashmi
    May 26, 2020 / 11:31 AM

Thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜Š This is a great tip I am going to try this! Loved your ring and jewelry box.

13. Lindsey McBride
    May 27, 2020 / 8:20 AM

Loved this video!! I donโ€™t have dawn dish soap Themis time around but gonna try this anyways with what I do have!! Love the organization!! Definitely would love to see the closet cleaned!! News organization HELP! Haha
    Thanks so much for being helpful!!