Crispy Brussel Sprouts – The Best Recipe!!
Whenever I’m hosting a dinner, the one side dish I know will always please everyone are my crispy brussel sprouts. They are seriously yummy. I often make these and just have a big bowl of them and nothing else for lunch or dinner.
This dish has been known to turn non-brussel sprout fans into total lovers, they’re that good. And even better, they’re simple to make!
Crispy Brussel Sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bag brussel sprouts
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch fresh cracked black papper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat 2-3 tbsp of olive oil in pan over medium flame.
- Rinse, trim ends, trim outside bruised leaves and cut brussel sprouts into quarters. Cut larger sprouts into even smaller pieces if you’d like them to cook faster.
- Pat sprouts dry and add to pan when oil is very hot.
- Evenly sprinkle sprouts with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder (measurements are based on a very small bag of sprouts, so season according to taste).
- Cook over medium heat until sprouts are tender and cooked through, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Once fully cooked, sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese and allow it to melt and crust.
I prefer using my cast iron skillet for this dish to get that beautifully golden crusty outer shell.
Another great option is adding in bread crumbs with the parmesan cheese topping or even just bread crumbs alone. I’ve made them with all of these toppings and they’re all delicious combinations.