After yesterday’s Black Friday madness, let’s take a little time to celebrate all the amazing people who own, operate and dedicate their lives to small businesses. I have such a special place in my heart for small business owners, being one myself, I understand the time, work and dedication it takes to run a business.
According to Wiki, a small business is: privately owned corporations, partnerships, or sole proprietorships that have fewer employees and/or less annual revenue than a regular-sized business or corporation.
I’d like to highlight some of my personal faves this Small Business Saturday. First off, let’s chat about the products from the collage above.
- Coffee mugs: I love coffee mugs. But I especially love shopping for coffee mugs from the vendors on Etsy. My mom bought me this Gilmore Girls coffee mug for my birthday and it’s one of my favorites in my collection. There are so many fun, kitschy and even beautiful mugs to choose from on Etsy, and you get to support small businesses when buying them. This mug shop is 10% off today.
- Juju Hats: I’ve been seeing these decorative hats pop up all over Pinterest and I love them. They’re on sale 15% off today.
- Coffee Table Books: We have a ton of decorative books in our family room. There’s nothing quite like holding a book in your hands, it’s one of my favorite things. This makes sense since I host an online book club, lol. These designer coffee table books are 20% off today.
- Tees: If you’re looking for a fun or a personalized tee shirt, small business is always the way to go. From Kenny girl’s Thanksgiving onesie (20% off!) to cozy Fall tees (15% off) to University gear (20% off), you can find it all and you can bet it’s been made with love. I loved my Thankful shirt from a few years back.
- Signs: House of Belonging created this sign for our formal living room at our old house with the lyrics to our wedding song. Y’all loved it so much that the recreated it for many other customers. It’s now hanging in the entry/formal living room in our new house and it’s such a special addition to our home.
- Stationary: Personalized stationary is one of my favorite office supplies to keep on hand for sending out quick notes of thanks. This set is my most recent stationary purchase and it’s 10% off today.
- Doormats: One of my favorite ways to festive-up my entry way is adding a fun doormat. This shop is offering 50% off today. 5th and Grace Co. (my Merry Christmas mat) is 20% off today.
- Paper Flowers: One of my favorite personal touches on our nursery is the paper flower set from Mio Gallery. Buy our exact set today for 20% off. Our nursery bedding was custom made by the incredible New Arrivals Inc. Shop our bedding, the MacKenlee Faire Collection here and get this discount: 20% OFF WITH BLACKFRIDAY2018 IN CHECKOUT! 30% OFF SALE ITEMS WITH SALE30! EXP. 11.26.2018.
- Recipe Tea Towels: This is probably my favorite new find. I love touches of old around my home, especially pieces that are family heirlooms. These tea towels make such a great Christmas gift for the recipe lover in your life.
- Chunky Knit Blanket: I love love love my chunky knit blanket. The shop is currently taking a break, but I found this shop that is 30% off today.
- Throw Pillows: PCB Home is one of my favorite spots to buy throw pillows and tea towels. Today they’re offering 25% off.
Now, I have a special shout out to a few of my very own Gorgeous Girls who are small business owners (all members of our private Facebook group!):
Twenty-Something Ideas (15% off)
Maria Ahrens Watercolor (20% 0ff)
Comment below with your favorite small businesses so I can discover new shops to shop from!