I remember when I first started hearing the word “serum” in the beauty space. I was like, what is a serum and do I really need to add another product to my skincare regimen? I had so many questions… Why would I layer a product with my eye cream and moisturizer? Wouldn’t that be too much product? My face would have to look like an oil slick, right?! I was skeptical.
The older I’ve gotten the more interested I’ve become in skincare. As my mom always says, you only get one chance at maintaining your skin (how many times have y’all heard me preach that line, lol). With the newfound skin interest came a desire to try new things… So I added a daily serum into my skincare regimen several years ago and have never looked back. Lately I’ve been using Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Power Serum. What added benefits are there to a serum that were worth the added step? I’m so glad you asked, Gorgeous!
Why You Should Add a Serum to Your Skincare Regimen:
- Serums help moisturize your skin. I know, I know… That’s what moisturizers do. But serums are typically a thinner product that easily penetrate the skin’s surface to achieve a deeper level of moisture.
- When used in conjunction with the proper moisturizer, the moisturizer will help to lock in the serum. Moisturizers are thicker and heavier, which means they can act more as a rich barrier, if you will, to help keep the moisture contained in your skin. This is great because you want the serum’s ingredients locked in to deliver the best results.
- The skin absorbs serums quickly.
- The more hydrated your skin is, the fresher your skin will appear. The fresher your skin appears, the younger you will look. Duh, sign me up for younger skin!
- Serums can help visibly reduce signs of aging.
- They have a non-greasy feel. So no residue is left behind on your face.
There are so many serums to choose from on the market. I apply Origins Plantscription™ Anti-Aging Power Serum day and night. I use it after I cleanse and tone, but before I apply my eye cream and moisturizer. This addition to my routine has resulted in softer skin and it takes no time at all to apply. A little bit goes a long way, so I apply lightly in circular motions all over my face and I never forget my under eye area.
The Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Power Serum is a plant based powerhouse that’s made without parabens, sulfates or phthalates. It helps to visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles in as little as two weeks. The result? The appearance of firmer skin.
Have you tried a serum yet? If so, what benefits have you seen from it?
Thank you to Origins for partnering with Hello Gorgeous to create this post.