My Favorite Podcasts
Happy first day of Spring! One of my favorite ways to pass time is to listen to podcasts. I love to listening while doing chores around the house, working in my office or driving. I listen to a wide variety of podcasts and often get questions after I post on my social media about what I’m listening to. Here’s a list of my favorite shows all in one post for you to check out and chime in on.
I wasn’t sure whether to separate out the shows based on genre or not… So, I decided to make a list of my favorites in no particular order.
- You Must Remember This. This is probably my very favorite podcast. I’m such a lover of Old Hollywood and this show dives into different actors each episode. It explores the different facts and rumors surrounding the hey day of the Golden Era. I’ve not listened to every single episode yet, but only because I’m trying to pace myself so I have more episodes to look forward to. I’ve learned so much about the scandals and secrets that were hidden away by the studios for years.
- Building Relationships. The famed Dr. Gary Chapman, who is the genius behind “The Five Love Languages,” hosts a fantastic show all about the various types of relationships in your life. I love listening to his practical, Biblical answers and suggestions.
- Serial. This is the podcast that got Matt & I interested in the murder mystery genre. I’m not a terribly huge fan because I feel like the seasons are far too stretched out, but I felt like I needed to list it because Serial deserves full credit for sparking my interest into the world of crime drama.
- This is Your Life with Michael Hyatt. This podcast is especially geared towards business professionals and entrepreneurs. I love his practical business advice.
- MarriageToday. This Christian marriage podcast is easily digestible and full of Biblical wisdom. The only complaint I have is the multiple advertisements each episode, but I understand why they do it.
- Up and Vanished. Matt & my latest obsession and I can’t. Stop. LISTENING. I’m obsessed. We’re currently on episode 10 and I’m dying to finish it. This series is about the disappearance of a small-town Georgia beauty queen in 2006. She literally up and vanished without a trace. The host dives in and develops so much information each episode. The episodes are under 30 minutes and move very quickly, which I love. PLEASE NO SPOILERS IN THE COMMENTS!!!
- Online Marketing Made Easy. This podcast is incredible for my fellow bloggers. I love the information that Amy Porterfield fills each episode with.
A couple other shows I listen to and enjoy are Heather Dubrow’s World (because I love Real Housewives of OC), Tony Robbins Podcast (but they don’t upload on a regular schedule), Focus on the Family: Focus on Marriage (each episode under 10 minutes!), Smart Passive Income and Matt loves Relic Radio Thrillers (old radio shows from the 1940s).
Are you a podcast fan? Leave a comment and let me know which shows you’re loving and regularly listening to!
Photography my Kara Coleen.