7 Ways to Pamper your Skin
I often say that you only have one chance to take care of your skin. Too many of us wait until we see signs of aging before we actually do something about it. Can you imagine how beautiful our skin would be if we invested into it before we saw tell-tale signs of damage?
My mom and Mawmaw preached skincare to me my whole life. Mawmaw stayed on me about keeping my face covered when I’m in the sun. Man, I wish I’d listened to her! Instead, I cooked myself in tanning beds and laid in the sun every single chance I got. I’m not sure why being tan was so important to me, but I’d give anything to hop in a time machine and undo all that sun damage.
Now that the sun damage is there, I’m constantly researching and finding ways to prevent further damage and keep my skin looking fresh. Let’s talk about some ways that any woman can begin investing into her skin.
7 Ways to Pamper Your Skin:
- Drink water. Are you drinking half your body weight in ounces of water daily? Water consumption helps to rid the body and skin of toxins. I personally find that my skin is clearer, brighter and better hydrated when I’m drinking enough water throughout the day.
- Get adequate rest. When I’m tired, my skin is usually the first thing to betray me. After a good night’s sleep, my skin looks brighter, fuller and my dark circles are less obvious. Beauty sleep is a real thing!
- Visit the dermatologist. Stay on top of your skin medically. I go to the dermatologist at least once a year to do mole checks and ensure that all of my skin concerns are being addressed.
- Always remove your makeup. Repeat after me… I will not go to bed with my makeup on no matter how tired I am. This is the #1 beautiful skin rule!
- Watch what you put into your body. I’m a big believer that what you put into your body shows in your skin. Consider adding supplements to your regimen that will benefit your skin.
- Exfoliate. This is one of my biggest tips. So many women forget to add exfoliation to their skincare regimen. You need to regularly remove your dead skin. I love using REN Skincare’s Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask which contains Mexican Papaya that helps to exfoliate my skin. This 10-minute mask brightens and smooths my skin, while removing dead skin cells. It helps to diminish dark spots and acne scars while also reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. After use, I noticed my skin was softer to the touch while looking brighter and healthier.
- Keep your skin moisturized. Dry skin not only appears dull, but also appears older in my opinion. Using the proper products to keep your skin moisturized helps to create the appearance of more youthful skin. REN Skincare’s Radiance Perfection Serum is a great addition to your skincare regimen before you apply moisturizer. This radiance serum will help to look more energized, radiant and healthy. It also helps to even out your skin tone.
What are your tips for pampering your skin? Leave a comment below and let me know! I love hearing your tips and tricks.
Shop This Post:
Thank you to REN Skincare for partnering with me to create this post.